Public Education Program
Today, we will focus our attention on some of the activities of the Public Relations Department, particularly our educational outreach programs.
The P.R Team is committed to educating and informing the public about the operations of the Social Security Fund and their rights and obligations as insured persons.
Our core functions include:
- Providing customers with the information about their entitlements and benefits
- Employing research methods and techniques which identify public attitudes and responses
- Engaging the public in meaningful dialogue
- Publicizing all relevant Social Security activities
- Devising and implementing strategies to enhance the image of the Social Security Board
- Fostering improved relationships between Employers, Employees and the Social Security Board amongst other duties.
To ensure that these functions are met, the following programs have been designed to publicize the important message of social security protection.
- Social Security Five – This 5 minute pre-recorded radio program aired weekly, provides relevant information on the Board’s operations, benefits, general guidelines and other related matters.
- “Because You Deserve A Future!” Radio call in program aired once monthly at 8:30 a.m. on WINN FM on the last Wednesday of each month offers the public an opportunity to converse with Social Security representatives
- Social Security and You Television Series, a 15 minute presentation aired every Wednesday night after the evening news on both ZIZ Television and NNC features interviews, news and guidelines for employers and employees.
Apart from our regular and timely News Releases, the Social Security Board produces the following publications;
- VISION our quarterly bulletin
- Annual audited accounts
- Actuarial Reports
- Employment Digests
- and most recently our Statistical Digest which captures numerical information on claims made and benefits paid.
We are very proud also of our schools’ education program. This exercise provides an opportunity for social security representatives to engage in interactive sessions with the Federation’s youth via educational visits, quizzes, debates and essay competitions among others.
Similarly, public education visits to various entities including Government, NGO’s and job sites are regularly conducted to ensure that the working population and employers too are advised of their rights and obligations and entitlement to the various benefits offered by Social Security.
At Social Security we understand the importance of responding to factors in our environment that affects the Fund’s operations and realize the need for continuous dialogue and education of our stakeholders.
For this reason, we welcome every opportunity to discuss any aspect of Social Security with you. We encourage your calls, office visits and emails to further enhance your knowledge on any issue that may arise.
Kindly contact our offices to arrange your public education visit at 869 465 2535 or 869 469 5245 or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to check us out on Facebook at Social/Security St. Kitts and Nevis for the latest happenings.